Thursday, May 19, 2011

Give brushes a spring cleaning

Most women know a thing or two about makeup remover for their face -- but what about for their tools?

Over time, large collections of powders, creams and pencils can lead to some pretty gross brushes and compacts.

Luckily, BeautySoClean has come out with a line of products to help clean these goods.

Recently, I tried their Cosmetic Sanitizer Wipes ($12.50), Cosmetic Sanitizer Mist ($12.50) and Conditioning Brush Cleaner ($20).

With a simple dab here and there, the wipes cleared the collected grime from my lipsticks and mascara wands. The mist is perfect for powder products -- I used it on my mineral foundation to get rid of any hidden bacteria.

Perhaps most important, for me at least, was the conditioning brush cleanser. I've got quite a few blushes and eyeshadows in a range of colours and consistencies, and often I'll dip the same brush in a few different products. I simply soaked them, waited a few minutes, and blotted out the product.

The best part of BeautySoClean products is how quickly and conveniently they work. There's no soapy mess to worry about.

BeautySoClean is available on the North Shore at The Bay and London Drugs.

mkrishnan@nsnews.com

c Copyright (c) North Shore News

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment